BRAD THE DAD DROPS NEW SINGLE AND MUSIC VIDEO
ARTIST IGNITES FIRE SAFETY EDUCATION THROUGH HIP HOP
Win public education funds for your favorite fire department by spreading the word that stops the spread of fire!
The Close Before You Doze campaign has helped educate millions of people about the critical impact that closing your bedroom door can have in stopping the spread of a fire and ultimately saving lives. This year, we want your help spreading the word. We are looking for individuals or groups to create their own video that educates viewers on the importance of closing bedroom doors before going to bed at night in case of a home fire.
Participants in this contest will play a valuable role in helping promote fire safety in their neighborhoods, and Underwriters Laboratories (UL) will donate funds to winners’ favorite fire departments.
Here are some examples of what you can submit:
- If you’re musically inclined, write a song about fire safety and film yourself singing it.
- If you want to choreograph an interpretive dance, have at it.
- If you have graphic design skills, make a comic-book style animated short underscoring the importance of fire safety.
- If you are pet-obsessed, your pets can be the star and tell people to Close Before You Doze.
- If you do a great Alec Baldwin impression, submit your best take of “always be closing.”
Whatever your talents are, we’d love to see your creative interpretation of getting this life-saving message to people.
- Have working smoke alarms on every level of the home, inside and outside of every sleeping room.
- Have a fire escape plan and practice it regularly, but if you cannot escape, keep a closed door between you and the fire.
- When you escape a fire, close the door behind you to help prevent the fire from spreading.
- Winner – $25,000
- Runner-up – $15,000
- 2nd runner-up – $10,000